It is April and annual reporting time for MIEF. We are pleased with the progress we have made in the last year and wanted to share some of the work we have been doing in 2013-14!
1) Revitalization of cultural traditions of Kashmiris in Art & Culture through Koshur Fusion – Group Exhibition of Paintings, Sculptures & Photographs by artists from J&K State from 23-27th March 2014 in New Delhi. The event was attended by more than 300 eminent people and art lovers. This was for the first time that such a large number of artists from J & K state participated in a group show in the country.
2) 2nd Annual conference on Youth Power & Climate Change: MIEF successfully organized a Youth Power & Climate Change Conference in Mumbai on 21st March, 2014. It was attended by more than 100 students from various colleges. A poster making competition was also held.
3) Celebrating National Science Day: MIEF and Haritma Environment society, Hans Raj College, Delhi University observed National Science Day 2014 on 28th Feb at Hans Raj college premises. More than 300 students took part in various inter-college competitions organized to mark this day.
4) Second two-day Workshop on Sharada Script: A two-day workshop on Sharada script was organized on 18-19 February by MIEF in association with Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies , JNU. It was held in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. This was the second in a series of workshops being organized for the revival of Sharada script.
5) Awareness on Astronomy through Taramandal—Mobile Planetarium: Taramandal is MIEF’s own galaxy of stars! Star gazing in the mobile set up was conducted in the National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan, and it has also been possible for schools to conduct these shows in the school premises for the students. We will have more inputs on this in the coming days.
6) First three-day workshop on Sharada Script Learning: A three-day workshop for the revival of Sharada script was organized at JNU, New Delhi between 8-10th November 2013.
7) Survey on Zoonotic Disease control: MIEF has been pushing for awareness for Zoonotic diseases which represents a field in between veterinary and medical science and considering how many people including children are exposed to animals (pets, stray or others), it is critical to build awareness from a health perspective.
8) Celebrating World Ozone day: MIEF celebrated World Ozone Day during the week 10-16th September 2013 in Delhi in partnership with the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. We worked mainly in Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, Delhi University, North Campus organising intra-department competitions and a guest lecture. We also worked with students in Hans Raj College, Delhi University, North Campus where an inter college competition, a guest lecture and panel discussions were organised.
9) National Conference on Zoonotic Disease Control: In July 2013, MIEF organised the “National Conference on Scientific Awareness on Zoonotic Disease control in Metropolitan Cities” in Delhi. Also for Zoonosis MIEF is working on puppet shows in various schools to help enable learning and awareness in a fun way for students!
10) Celebrating World Earth Day 2013: With support of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, MIEF celebrates the Earth Day every year especially with school children. We held an Inter school painting competition with the help of Mount Abu School, Rohini, Delhi.
11) Survey-cum-Conference involving Delhi Youth on “Youth Power & Climate Change”: In partnership with the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, MIEF connected with young people in Delhi and conducted a survey in April 2013. This was followed by a one day conference and discussion on harnessing the ‘Youth Power in developing sustainable ideas for climate change’.
12) New MIEF website: MIEF launched a new website in February 2014. It was a major improvement over the previous website, with lots of new features and options. MIEF also built presence on various social media networks from October 2013 onwards to be able to share the work we’re doing and use the Internet medium further to build awareness on various issues. This also helps our readers to get in touch with us and help us respond quickly to queries!
13) Ongoing online interview series with young inspirations: We started a new project in which we interview young people who inspire us by doing something new and making their own lives better. We hope that through this project we get inspirations from everyday real young people!
Just listing and going through the multiple projects we have been able to deliver this year makes us feel proud. We also feel immensely grateful for all the partners and people who worked with us during this year. Here’s hoping the new year can help us achieve even more and serve the society!
We wish for your support and thank you for allowing us to share this with you. Thanks for reading! 🙂