WE MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT WE GET, BUT WE MAKE A LIFE BY WHAT WE GIVE
– WINSTON CHURCHILL
These are the golden words by the famous writer,artist & historian Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill. His thought on giving inspires us to share this post with you guys. Have you ever given something to anyone without any expectations? Have you ever helped someone in their time of need without the greed of your own benefit? If the answer to all these questions is yes then MIEF salutes you for your thoughtfulness and kindness.
Giving is however helping you too, here’s how-
- Giving Makes you feel Happy – In a 2006 study, Jorge Moll and colleagues at the National Institutes of Health found that giving to charities activates brain regions associated with pleasure, social connection, and trust and create a “warm glow” effect. There’s also a ‘helper’s high’ created by endorphins released by this ‘good behaviour’
- Giving Makes You Healthier – Giving can improve health and longevity according to research as it helps in decreasing stress
- Giving Promotes Cooperation – Giving allows you to feel closer to the person or cause you’re contributing towards and they’re more likely to cooperate with you
- Giving Awakens A Sense Of Gratitude – Gratitude is seen as a key to increasing happiness personally and making us more positive.
- Giving Can Spur a Ripple Effect – Giving spreads across the community, allowing not only the immediate recipient but others connected to benefit as well.
Share your giving experiences with us and come back on Monday for more inspiration! Have a great weekend! 🙂Pages: